Friday, August 12, 2011

8 months...

later I've sat down to write once again and get the lighter stuff out of the way. I realize most people who follow this blog have done so because of Youtube, so I suppose I'll start there. I haven't made videos since October for multiple reasons, but namely because in January Youtube notified me that they had canceled my Adsense. Makeup tutorial videos are A LOT of work and extremely time consuming to be doing for free. Those that do it and aren't partners? I commend you. I can't. I am trying to figure out a way to monetize though, so stay tuned...

Work wise...NY is tough. Or has been for me. But I refuse to give up. Next step is to try to get an agent. I gave myself a year to test and book whatever I could to build my resume and book. Now is the time. :)

17 comments:

  1. Wow, youtube cut the wrong youtuber. You have so much talent.
    good luck!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe they cut your adsense, that's ridiculous! Hope you manage to sort something out and all the best in NY! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck to you! You are super talented so wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you figure it out soon, Risa. I miss you <3 :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Youtube is insane! Good luck Risa, I hope to hear from you soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope all goes well for you.

    You're one of the people that got me into makeup and I hope you do that for somebody new, too :) .

    ReplyDelete
  7. please make a new account+ youre too amazing to leave youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish you good luck then! It's too bad this happened to YOU! You're awesome! :) keep going

    http://daphyin-makeupisart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. any more news about the makeup channel? the looks you recreate and originals are really great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I just posted on your youtube and wondered why you hadn't been doing videos - now I know. Do what is best for you. You are so talented and so hardworking. Don't give up your dream. Sometimes it will take a long time, but you will always wonder if you could have made it if you give up early. Stay strong! And don't give up on your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Lisa have you thought about doing a video just to let everyone know where you are and what's going on? I had missed your videos for ages and then got this terrible feeling that something bad might have happened to you and thats why you werent posting, then I realised after I came here your just fine. Your true fans will always understand you following your dreams instead of making youtube videos :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Try to look into other video site where you can make money off your videos such as blip.tv

    Take care and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  13. Come back Risa, I love your looks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just stumbled upon your weblog and it is incredible and wonderful! I am also a make-up junkie. :) I'll be sure to abide by you.Osmosis Skincare

    ReplyDelete