Monday, January 11, 2010

Idea for a raffle

I'll be posting my Charity Raffle video either tonight (depending on how late I get home from work) or tomorrow BUT I wanted your opinions on a partial prize before I record it.

Basically Maggie Bags donated a few bags for me to raffle off to raise money for charity. "Tickets" will be in the form of $2 donations (So if you donate $50 - you will have 25 entries - get it? I'll explain how that's going to work in the video BUT I'm also adding some makeup (BNIB MAC) to the prizes. Another idea I had for a prize would be this: (Unfortunately limited to NYC and the SF bay area partially) I would do your makeup (while addressing any questions you have makeup wise) and then we'd have a mini photoshoot. So you'd get your makeup done, a lesson AND professional looking (kind of - I have a PRO camera, and a pretty good eye if I do say so myself :) photos. Though if NYC it would have to be sometime february 10-24 when I'm out there. For those not living in SF or NYC, I was thinking Skype? I've never used it, but I believe it's a video phone internet type deal thing? Great description I know. :P In any case, I was thinking Skype for a more personal one on one learning session.

Thoughts? I want your feedback!

6 comments:

  1. A personalized session? That would be really cool! Too bad I don't live in those areas, though, but I've heard Skype being "talked up". I'd be willing to try it out for sure if I won. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's a great idea! Skype would definitely work for that kind of thing. :)

    And hell, I think the prize is good enough that I know I'd be willing to travel the 3 hours to NYC for the prize - I'm sure others would travel for that kind of thing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog, so I nominated you for a LOVELY BLOG AWARD on my page :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those sound like great ideas, I def think skype would work, I'm pretty jealous now tho, personalized sessions amazzzzing. Hmmm Would Baltimore be close enough...ah well. People will def jump at that I think tho.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that would be a fantastic idea. I'll happily buy tickets!

    ReplyDelete